Queens’ own Bobby J From Rockaway cooked up a new banger with producer Statik Selektah on the keys-heavy “Walter White,” a lyrically rich single paying homage to one of TV’s best anti-heroes.
Beyond the clever wordplay and cultural references, what’s most impressive about Bobby’s raps on here is how he pulls in the listener and walks atop Statik’s keys and drums with such a low-key confidence. His bars are sharp throughout his verses, but it’s the way in which he spits them and ramps up his delivery that makes “Walter White” feel so raw.
The track is a follow-up to his August single “Hometown,” which was produced by living rap legend, Kwame. Kwame is also now the head of Make Noise, a boutique record label that, among other projects, is releasing Bobby’s music. The two have been working closely in the studio for years now, so be on the lookout for more from them in the coming months.
“Walter White” is available now through all digital retailers and streaming platforms via Make Noise. Be on the lookout for the visuals dropping soon!
Smart URL: http://smarturl.it/walterwhite
• Bobby J From Rockaway: https://twitter.com/bobbyjrockaway
• Statik Selektah: https://twitter.com/StatikSelekt
Follow Bobby J Online:
• Website: https://www.bobbyjfromrockaway.com
• Spotify: http://bit.ly/BobbyJFromRockawaySpotify
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bobbyjfromrockaway
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bobbyjfromrockaway
• YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/bobbyj
• SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/bobbyjfromrockaway