Take a trip to Pro Era rapper Aaron Rose’s stomping grounds on “Parkside Ave,” the grimy new single from his much anticipated new EP, Elixir.
Whereas previous single “Swank Corleone” was a straight-up banger, “Parkside Ave” showcases the Brooklyn artist’s ability to flow effortlessly over a grittier instrumental. It comes courtesy of J57, who provided a majority of the beats on Elixir. And on this track, his production is all murk and head-nodding drums.
Of course, the artist formerly known as A La $ole uses the Boom bap backdrop to his advantage, especially when nearly blacking out during the final verse. It’s another impressive display of just how technically gifted Rose is as an emcee, but more importantly, it’s another reminder that Elixir is shaping up to be one of the year’s finest Hip-Hop releases.
“Parkside Ave” can now be streamed, and is available for download as the second instant grat track off the iTunes pre-order for Elixir, which drops next Friday, December 16th, via Coalmine Records.
Elixir Press Release: http://bit.ly/ElixirPressRelease
01. The Root of Sole
02. The Art of Sole
03. Parkside Ave
04. Break It Down (feat. Domo Genesis)
05. Jimmy’s Open Bar (Interlude)
06. The Shift (feat. Dirty Sanchez)
07. Swank Corleone
08. The Art of Sole (J57 Stay Paid Remix)
09. The Art of Sole (Instrumental)
*All tracks produced by J57, except for “The Shift” which is produced by The Audible Doctor, and “Swank Corleone” which is produced by Latrell James.
Download Pre-Order Links:
• iTunes: http://bit.ly/iTunesElixir
• Amazon: http://bit.ly/AmazonElixir
CD Pre-Order Links:
• Fat Beats: http://bit.ly/FatBeatsElixir
• Amazon: http://bit.ly/AmazonElixirCD
• Aaron Rose: http://twitter.com/TheAaronRose
• J57: https://twitter.com/j57
• Coalmine Records: https://twitter.com/coalminerecords
Aaron Rose Online:
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theaaronrose
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theaaronrose
• SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/theaaronrose