Following the successful launch for their debut album Hey Stranger in summer 2016 (including BBC Radio 2 & BBC London playlistings, live appearance on ITV’s Weekend with Aled Jones & front page feature in Blues & Soul Magazine), Black Dylan return with their new single Don’t Wanna Be Alone.
It’s an uptempo and energetic track, delivering a sensitive message with a foot-tappingly good mood, incorporating horns and dynamic classic synth stabs to give the song a playful and captivating groove. Yet again Nuplex proves his skills as an eloquent soul producer which, combined with Wafande’s distinctive and unique vocals, makes Don’t Wanna Be Alone a strikingly punchy tune.
Wafande describes the song as "...a very relevant song that deals with loneliness, which I think is a huge social problem. Both the loneliness that comes when people live their lives through their iPhones and iPads, but also those who are so lonely that they do not have family or friends”.
Black Dylan recently performed live on the Danish Broadcasting Corporation’s Big Christmas TV Show and in January at Eurosonic Festival in The Netherlands. This summer they will play at Cornbury Festival in the UK, with more shows to be announced soon.
Don’t Wanna Be Alone will be available on Friday 31st March 2017.
NOTES TO EDITOR:
· Black Dylan consists of the multi-platinum selling Danish superstar Wafande and soul/hip-hop producer Nuplex
· Black Dylan have performed on a range of international TV spots, including the UK’s Weekend With Aled Jones (ITV), TV2 Denmark’s Got Talent, TV2 Good Morning Denmark and Danish Broadcasting Corporation’s Big Christmas Show
· Their debut single ‘Hey Stranger’ was playlisted on BBC Radio 2 (Impact of 3.53m) and BBC Radio London
· Black Dylan’s debut album received numerous 4* reviews in the music press and also a front cover feature in Blues and Soul Magazine (Aug/Sept 2016)
· Featured in The Guardian as ‘New Band of The Week’ (July 2016)
· Named in the Sunday Mercury Top 3 Pop Albums of the Year 2016
· The debut album ‘Hey Stranger’ debuted at No.11 on IFPI Top 50 Digital Album, No.6 on iTunes Album and No. 3 on Deezer Album Charts.
· UK live performances have included Ronnie Scott’s, The London Jazz Festival and support to Tunde (The Lighthouse Family)